Recipe – Homemade latte
- Espresso brewing device (few recommendations are givenin next section)
- Milk frother or a whisk
- A glass
- 2 ounces (60ml) espresso or 2.7 ounces (80ml) as perpreference
- 10 ounces (300ml) milk (whole milk works best)
- Prepare espresso and pour the espresso into a mug.
- Place the milk in a wide glass or glass jar andmicrowave for about 30 seconds until it is very hot but not boiling.Alternatively, heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutesuntil very hot but not boiling, watching it carefully.
- Using a milk frother, froth the milk until you don’tsee any bubbles and you have a very thick froth, 20 to 30 seconds. Swirl theglass and lightly tap it on the counter repeatedly to pop the larger bubbles.Repeat this step as needed.
- Using a spoon to hold back the foam, pour the milkinto the espresso. Spoon the remaining foam on top.
|Calories 206||(863 kJ)||% DV*|
|Total Fat||10.6 g||16%|
|Saturated Fat||6.7 g||33%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16.7 g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
|Vitamin A||456 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|